JUNIOR SOLAR DESIGNER
JUNIOR SOLAR DESIGNER
This position is responsible for preparing the initial design of code-compliant PV systems for the commercial photovoltaic system installations utilizing AutoCAD. The Junior Solar Designer serves as the point person for designing and engineering initial PV schematic layouts for commercial projects that are typically between 200kW to greater than 1 MW in size. In addition, this position works closely with the Sales, Finance, Operations, and Management teams.
- Sales of commercial solar electric systems and energy efficiency services
- Prepare initial schematic design layouts for photovoltaic system installation utilizing AutoCAD.
- Perform design department production goals and standard qualities.
- Communicate and work with building departments, utilities, or other AHJ to insure compliance with local and national codes.
- Work with and provide technical assistance to estimators, customers, and other divisions to acquire accurate information efficiently.
- Maintain current knowledge of the NEC and all building codes applicable for proper solar system design.
- Perform in a fast pace team environment.
- Provide other work as necessary to assist permitting, proposals, and technical information aspects of solar system design and production.
- Work with project coordinators to submit construction plans sets to building permitting departments.
- Maintain knowledge of current solar trends, product offerings, and market conditions to design PV systems with efficient and effective solutions
- Travel to project sites occasionally to gather site-specific data, or aid construction, as required.
- Preferred BS in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering, or other related discipline from a reputable college or university
- Goal and detail oriented with excellent planning, process, and project management skills
- Knowledge of commercial construction (Agribusiness knowledge a plus).
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Have ability to work with diverse personalities
- Have ability to learn fast
- Knowledge of residential and commercial PV construction
- Knowledge of basic electrical design theory and concepts
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Knowledge of electrical design theory and concepts
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office and Auto CAD – min. 1 year of extensive experience
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background & drug check
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
- Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401(k) savings plan
- Bonus compensation program
Coldwell Solar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Coldwell Solar offers superior standards of professionalism and integrity in the building of long-lasting solar installations that provide the highest energy output – with significant savings on energy costs. Transparency and ongoing service support to customers, coupled with integrity in all of our work, is the bedrock of our business values. Highly-skilled employees bring unmatched power system engineering and project management experience from the solar, construction and energy management industries. A significant part of that expertise is the result of our history of innovation in design, engineering and construction.
We handle the entire solar installation process, including permits, rebates, engineering, construction, on-going monitoring and support of the system for years, as an energy partner and focuses on serving agribusiness, farms, utilities, architects, general contractors, commercial buildings, properties, schools, manufacturing and industrial companies. We are certified to meet the most complex standards and consistently delivers the highest-quality, long-lasting workmanship.